26 August 2012

"Enough is enough"

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with plantar fasciitus  for 10 months now. Over the past ten months, I have been subjected to a bloody painful heel every step of the way. The toll this has taken on my family, my work, my waistline and on me leads me to where I am today - finished with this nonsense. I had hoped that my body would heal naturally but I will now admit I sought medical intervention; a course of Lithotripsy cost me $500 and only required a Consultants referral.It didn't seem to do any good so after suffering 5 months with no running I sought further intervention and got a cortisone injection last Friday but feared a federal court would intervene to stop this charade. Although the court was sympathetic to my concerns and recognized the many improprieties and deficiencies in my motives, its conduct, and its process, the court ultimately decided that it could not intervene.
My family have seen me become increasingly grouchy and grumpy as the races I normally run have come and gone. 
Today after I rode my standard 28KM (3 X Cadel) setting a new PB with 31,1km ave pace, I changed into my very tight running gear, and ran the old 5.7km Roo course for 4m09 K's.
The Heel was OK but background, the old calves of course were another matter. Stood in the pool for 10mins after!
Will watch La Vuelta tonight and assess what damage I have or haven't done! 
;-)

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

I hope you continue with your charity work! Live Strong!!