15 February 2009

Hotel for Dogs

I got out for a run this morning at 9.00am it was hot and I was in no shape to run but I was interested to see if I could get around and what the damage would be! Well I limped around in pain the whole way. Saw Helen Stanton just as she was finishing her run. Finished my run and jumped into the pool. I could hardly get out as the sciatica gripped, a strange sensation where you feel you cant bear weight on your leg. I was in all sorts of trouble. Natalie, Max, Lily and I were off to the Movies to see Hotel for Dogs and I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it without a walking stick!! Desperate measures were called upon and so I 'took' a suppository pain killer I had left over from my Hernia op! It did the job, I slept through the movie and by the time we had to go I was able to walk OK again! The good thing about the run was I was in so much pain with the  Sciatica I didn't even consider how my knees were!
I'm off to Cairns/Townsville/Mackay for business Mon to Wed. 

No comments: