01 February 2009

Keith Bateman 8m59.62

Sunday  11.00am  Nudgee  8 X 400m - 60sec jog recovery Ave 72s

The mountains got put off due to; Natalie telling me not to , rain at 5.00am, a sciatic type pain I've experienced over the last few days high up in the left buttock or lower back. Instead I decided to head off to the track and do a set of 10 X 4. Rain and windy conditions, very humid only a gaggle of ducks for company on the track.
Went OK considering all, up to 8th rep, when I felt the sciatic pain grip. It is always disappointing to cut a session short specially when only two reps to go. In the past I might have limp around the last two but that would have achieved nothing much in particular so happy enough to just get a track session in.

Keith Bateman (Page 2 here)ran 8m59.62 for 3000m last night in Sydney knocking 10 secs off his Australian M50 3000m record! Amazing performance for a M54! He is certainly raising the bar with truly World Class performances. His 4m11s 1500m last year blew my mind but made me suspect that his 3K and 5K times could do with major revision. 
Scintillating stuff from a boy from Watford!

No comments: