02 March 2009

Glenda Banighan Australian W45 3000m 10m11Rec

My thanks to Matty for posting notification on CoolRunning and to Ronnie for alerting me that Glenda ran a new Women's 45-49 year 3000m Record performance 10m11 on Friday night.
Achieved on a training regime deep into Tokyo Marathon preparation that really is a terrific performance!

The previous Monday at the State Athletic Facility Brendan Whelan M35 won the State Masters Champs title in 33m10. Ronnie Peters picked up his umpteenth State title in 34m50 for the M55.
I guess conditions would not have been conducive to fast times with the heat and humidity that continues to linger around Brissey.

This evening I had the MRI, a strange experience lying in a cocoon for 20mins being bombarded by all sorts of quirky sounds and sensations! Last night I went for a jog just to confirm in my own mind that there really was something worthwhile to scan! I got to about 2K's before the pain got really bad. I finished off the Roo 6KM loop. The pain seemed to be fairly constant i.e. not on any particular phase of the running motion but its a very deep seated pain hard to pinpoint . I was in a all sorts of trouble after finishing so again took prescription pain relief which helped after an hour or so. The benefit in my mind was that it convinces me I have a problem and if anything irritating it by jogging might help to show up consequences in the scan.
Of course they never tell you results then and there, so that will have to wait until I can get to see Dr.Friis.




No comments: