05 June 2009

I Ran


No I'm not talking about Liverpool one hit wonders A Flock of Seagulls who recorded I Ran in early 80's, I'm talking about me!! Yes me actually Running!
I Ran the Roo loop 6KM in 26m48s. I should not have worn a watch because today was really only about seeing if I could put one foot in front of the other without pain! But inevitable I still looked at the old benchmarks. The first K took over 4m40! 3KM was 13m30, and 5K 22m40. I ran how I felt, which was not slow but was not hard - it felt like standard long run pace. Interesting considering the length of time I'd been off. I can expect my quads to be crying out tomorrow and if I feel OK maybe get out again on Sunday.
I still have a dull ache in the pelvis so I may seek consultation on that if there is any reaction tomorrow. The knees ached, but hey , I Ran!
A beautiful Winter's day 24 O C, didn't have to go to work, also managed to do one Push Up session.
Hope I can get back into a routine that includes running. I got no sleep on the plane and only managed 4 hours last night but I have done much better than Oli. He got no sleep last night and has slept all day today!!
Jet Lag! He'll take some time to recover.

No comments: