19 June 2009

Mid Life Crisis or Triumph & Disaster!



So just back from spending thousands in London, my wife some how sanctioned me to proceed with my long desired dream to again acquire a Triumph Stag!
I had one as a 28 y.o. and had it stored in my garage when I first came to Australia in 1988. It remained there rusting away until we came to Australia in 2004 when I had to sell it for next to nothing !
I said to my wife then that when we got to Oz I would buy one.
Well that became reality on Tuesday when I flew up to Townsville and picked up my dream car!
I brought it back on the Train from Townsville (I will never do that journey again unless I can sequest myself away from the Pensioners that made up the vast majority of economy class 'seated' passengers! i.e. the only way I'd ever do that 24HOUR!!!! trip again is if I got a sleeper carriage to myself or family - I didn't this time as it was suggested that I could be sharing a sleeper with up to two strangers!!!!).
So anyway, I felt 'Cool As" as I left Roma St with the 4.4.Litre V 8 reverberating through dual 2 inch exhausts!!
Love soon turned to panic and dismay as I got to Upper Kedron and 'She' conked out! Had to get it towed to the garage and call up the Mrs to meet me there - She was not pleased!! So I still haven't got it back but I am sure that it will provide me with a diversionary interest should I not manage to shift these bloody injuries!
For those that dont know, the hard top comes off and it has a concealed soft top - bring on Don Henley and Boys of Summer - now where are my Wayfarers?




OK so its not Don Henley and its not as good a car as a Stag but you get the picture??

No comments: