28 November 2007

Danny Felsenstien


5.00am Wow it was humid this morning!
Standard 11.1KM in 44m35, a good strong run at 4min KM pace which is good for me for early morning and after a track session the night before.
I call this run Roo/Lake as it incorporates a run around Lake Eden here in North Lakes and around the Woodvale loop of the bike path. When I first ran the loop I would see lots of Roos hence the name!
This Morning I was just passing another runner when two startled Roos tried to make their escape off into the Bush. I don't see many now the days are getting longer and it must be getting light at 4.am.
On occasions the Roos sometimes stand there ground and allow me to run right past them without bolting. Once ,I surprised a Roo along a section of the path that had fencing to either side as it turned into a pedestrian bridge across a small lake! See the photo above . I literally ran near side by side with this hopping Kangaroo as it tried to escape me and I tried not to break my run!

2 comments:

Geoff Holmes said...

HI DAVE,WENT AND DID SOME 500 METRE SPEED WORK TODAY BUT THERE WAS NO SPEED IN MY LEGS,1.42,1.42,1.42,1.40,1.36 & THAT WAS IT,I WILL HOPEFULLY GET SOME DECENT FORM BEFORE THE 3KM CHALLENGE NEXT MONTH.I AM GOING TO THE RUNINN TOMORROW NIGHT,I NEED HEAPS OF RUNNING AT THE MOMENT,HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD RUN TODAY,TALK TO YOU SOON,GEOFF H.

David said...

Hey Geoff, I jus saw this comment from 12 years ago!! sorry I didnt respond sooner, get running again!!