27 November 2007

James Espir



Oh to be a Queenslander!!
I'm about 5ft9.5 (1.75m) and 64KG. I do not particularly watch what I eat, only what I drink!
Meaning I try to keep the beers to a minimum, except for special occasions (parties etc).
The climate here is conducive to keeping the weight off - when I say I 'sweat buckets' or 'sweat puddles' you can see I'm not joking!!!


Tuesday p.m. @ Nudgee College Track ; 16 X 300m 100m jog recovery Av 53
Managed to complete session without any of the recent niggles curtailing the intervals!
Just as well I ran in flats (see yesterdays post!), a large blister on the ball of my left foot seems to be on the mend.
As ever, Tuesday night at Nudgee is a busy affair, with about 30 League players split into four groups doing drills on the infield, one group (a dozen or so) of athletes doing sprint training and a triathlete group.
I have yet to see any other athlete run an interval session at Nudgee!
Where do all the other distance athletes train?
Last year on Tuesday evenings I was running 1KM intervals with Geoff, Ian & Errol.

6 X with a minutes recovery ( trying to run 3min K's) was certainly a tough session , very beneficial , however, I'm working on my speed this year hence the move to twice a week track sessions.

2 comments:

briansacks said...

This page comes up if one searches for James Espir! Why is James the title of the page?
PS Hi David, and what amazing results you achieved at the last Worlds Masters!

David said...

Hi Brian, Sorry for delay in replying to your comment, you are probably aware now that I used to train with James and Jeff. When I started my blog in 2007 I started nameing each post with an athlete I knew either personally or by reputation.