26 November 2007

Jeff Kaye


5.am Ran my standard 11KM run 46m50 , showing the normal early morning stiffness and the results of a hard track session the day before.
My morning runs follow bike paths which follow parkland around my suburb. In an effort to save my shins and knees from the years of pounding the streets I try wherever possible to keep off the cement and onto the grass.
I left my spikes at Nathan last Saturday, the added distraction of having two of my children and one of their friend's along at the track left me otherwise preoccupied! When I got back to the car I realised I'd left the car door wide open all morning!
The potential loss of my spikes has given me the impetus to order a new pair from the States, where they are less than half the price you'd have to pay locally! And if your having to pay the postage you may as well by two pairs of spikes, two pairs of shoes for me, two pairs of shoes for the Mrs ,three running shirts, a headband and a spare Nike+ kit, Xmas shopping is complete!!

No comments: