06 July 2009

Gold Coast

Very quick post, well done Don Wallace (M47) 19th in the Mara, 2h35m13 with a sprint and a smile (of satisfaction ?) at the finish.
Keith Bateman M54, 72m13 in the Half and just 10 secs behind Ronnie Peters with run of the day 72m23s to smash his existing Australian M55 Half Rec!!!
This must have quite a race between the pair of them - I suspect Ronnie might have run with Keith for some time with perhaps Keith's renowned speed pulling him clear at the finish? I'd love to know the real storey!
Keith and Ronnie finished ahead of all the guys from M40 & M45 cats!
Well done ! to all who took part, it looked on the Web like a great day for running (I'm envious!)
Thanks to Bellthorpe for word on Ronnie!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, bummer about the stress fracture - hopefully some more time off will help. dissapointed with gold coast (hoped to run around 2.54,I suffered some trauma to plantar muscle in left foot so could only do light running & gym work last 4 weeks - hardest mara I have done so far - quads felt like jelly last 6k, not enough hill work?? (only did 1 xcountry race this season). Hope to see you back soon. Dave Scroope

David said...

Hi Dave, saw your result and thought something might have been amiss - you did well to get under 3h's considering!
Cheers

Fossil said...

Hey Dave - yeah 'twas a great race - spoke to Ron and we emailed - he passed me about 4Km, I followed right on his heels from about 5km - 8km then I went ahead by some distance - he says he almost caught me (a few metres) in the last few kms and I finished just a bit better on this occasion. We were both delighted with the race, the result and the competition :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
Yeah Don's run was a bottler.
The race between Fossil and I wasn't an elbow knocker or anything. There was no exchange of placings at the business end of the race and only once at the settling-in stage. Fossil pretty well took control of things around eight k. He went down the road a fair way from eight through to 15k. I pulled him back to around six seconds at about one k to go. I ran as hard as I could from 12k on and he was just to good for me. We were both happy lads at the finish. Thanks for your interest Dave. Hope to see you in the mix soon.
Cheers,
Ronnie.

David said...

Thanks Keith and Ronnie! Great to hear from you and sounds like that race will live long in the memory congrats to both of you on stella performances!

Fossil said...

Real sorry to hear about the Stress fracture Dave - I was looking forward to seeing you at C2S :-( Get better soon