15 July 2009

Push Ups and Chin Ups



Here is some exercise videoed at the END of my session on Monday which comprised 4 X 80 push ups + the 101 above , 5 X 40 Shoulder Presses and 5 X 15 Chin Ups including the above ( though the last one got cut on film), gorgeous weather ! it got up to 25 O C in the Arvo - don't you love Queensland Winter!!!!
I'm sure technique suffers with fatigue and for sure I was suffering at the end of my session! The Press Ups look like I'm not obtaining 90 O at the elbow but that might be partly the angle of the camera because I can assure you my body is pretty straight and my bollocks hit the mat each time! Viewing the Chin Ups video perhaps suggests I need to allow an even greater drop to complete a fully extended arm prior to raising.

3 comments:

David said...

Stung by workmates criticism telling me I'm doing 'lady' Push Ups! I am now adopting a FULL drop posture = nose or chin full to the floor, it is a lot tougher and crikey the old bollocks take a crushing!
Also seeing the video of the chins makes me realise the need for full straight arm extension prior to the pull!

Vesna said...

I would say good job David! I admire your determination, keep the chin up and heal soon so you can run full power:)Greetings from Canada

David said...

Thanks for your comments Vesna, it sure has been a long haul to this point and I'm not even sure I see light at the end of the tunnel yet!
:)