19 July 2009

Monas "World Record"

I heard that Monas ran 30m00 for a 10K road in Tassie this morning!
Stunning stuff! but wont count for record purposes as road course not track.
This is how the ABC Grandstand website recorded it;

Record run in Launceston Ten

Posted July 19, 2009 11:35:00

Olympic marathon runner Steve Moneghetti has set a new world record in the over-45 age bracket during a 10 kilometre footrace in northern Tasmania.

Moneghetti finished the Launceston Ten in 30 minutes, two seconds faster than the old mark.

"I am a bit of a stickler for setting my own goals and I wanted to see 29:59," Moneghetti said

"I saw it but I was a metre from the finish, unfortunately."

The race was won by Victorian Mark Tucker in 29 minutes and another Victorian Nikki Chapple set a race record to win the women's.

About 2000 runners took part.


I ran four times last week Sat through to Tues, 11KM Roo+Lake - 48m12, 47m36, 48m59, and a 6K Roo 26m53, but by Tues I could feel the pain from the stress fracture in the pelvis returning = STILL not healed! I will have to rest it at least another month probably two before seeing if I can get going again!

No comments: