26 August 2009

Running but for how long?

6KM Lake
A pessimistic title perhaps but cant help feeling I've got some way to go!
I got out for a 6K run tonight (Yippee!) . I felt good aerobically but I could still feel vague weakness (not quite pain) in the pelvis! The knees were runable but I could feel the inflammation (pain) returning straight after. I'm hoping I can manage them with anti inflams, ice, etc and perhaps try some alternative remedies such as acupuncture.
The Pelvis is where I'm more concerned. Perhaps it is paranoia but after all these months I'm hoping to be free of this injury.
I guess some weakness in the area might be expected. I shall give it a few more runs and if the vague feeling become more concentrated / anything close to resembling pain, I'll get it MRI'd again, and take it from there!
Emmanuel <span class=Eboue celebrates">

The Lake stunk like an old cess pool three days of mid 30 O C temps have truly had an effect combined with a complete lack of rain - I cant remember the last time it rained!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave - good luck and I hope it is just general weakness in the area due to compensating for it for so long. Dave Kane has just had an MRI and has almost exactly the same as you - a stressy in the superior right Iliac bone.

David said...

Thanks Tom!
Real shame for David but with his youth he'll be back in 6 weeks not 6 months! You have shown there is light at the end of the tunnel with your own recovery from injury.