28 August 2009

This is the Day - The The

Fri 6.00pm 6KM Roo 26m05

Of course I'm taking it real easy trying to determine if I'm OK and just getting used to running again. Today again aerobically I felt fine! still gauging the pelvis and knees. I finished off with a cool down in the pool but not quite the ice water you expect in Winter (water temp = 24 o C)!

My All Time favourite song came on the ipod as I enjoyed my afternoon stroll around the Botanical Gardens this arvo.
In trying to define why I like it, I'd say the melody is uplifting and joyful though the lyrics possess an amount of melancholy , introspection, as well as optimism and positivism = a heady mix!
Of course it also conjurs up memories of my youth , holidays with the lads Ibiza/Barbados/Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
I just watched the video on You Tube, the first time I'd ever seen it and this song was born in 1984! I decided not to post the video as
A) the quality wasn't great and
B) watching a video distracts you from the lyrics,
however, I shall spend the rest of the night watching The The videos on You Tube, sad man that I am!!

The Lyrics are;

Well... you didnt wake up this morning,
cause you didnt go to bed.
You were watching the whites of your eyes turn red!

The calendar on your wall -- is ticking -- the days off.

You've been reading some old letters.
You smile and think how much you've changed.
All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days.

You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes.
You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky.
This is the day -- your life will surely change.
This is the day -- when things fall into place.

You could have done anything, if you'd wanted.
And all your friends and family think that your lucky.
But the side of you they'll never see
Is when you're left alone with the memories
That hold your life together like -- glue

You pull back the curtains, and the sun burns into your eyes.
You watch a plane flying across a clear blue sky.
This is the day -- your life will surely change.
This is the day -- when things fall into place.

This is the day -- your life will surely change.
(repeat to fade)

Give yourself a treat and play the song, it has a quite intro that slowly builds and is one of those rare pop songs that features an accordion!

No comments: