13 December 2009

Short Shorts

Sat 6Km Roo Ran the first K in 4m30 for a 26m09 total
Sun 6Km Roo Ran first K in 4m39 for a 26m?? total

I was going to run on around the lake today for a 11K Roo+Lake which I haven't run for such a long time but shortly after the turn off point I felt a couple of pains in the knee so Discretion was the better part of Valour.... I turned home and melted into the patio!
It was 29 O C at 9.00 am and 31 O C by the time I started my run. To coin a lyric from U2 "It was as Hot as a Hairdryer in Your Face" - New York. Though Brissy gets real humid today felt real hot
I'm hoping it burns off all those excess beers that you just cant keep away from this time of year.
It feels fantastic to now be able to run again and those baby steps I ran in my first two runs are gone. Of course I feel real heavy but by the end of the Summer I should be on the road to fitness and maybe competition.

Today I ran around in my old running shorts, the short shorts variety as opposed to the long shorts that are becoming de rigueur today! As I have largely been wearing the long shorts recently I felt somehow awkward as if exposing too much leg! It reminded me of when you see old video of the Footballers in the 70's or early 80's before the Italians brought in the era of the long baggy shorts Footballers today still favour.

Anyhow after I finished melting into the patio (whilst icing my knees) I dived into the pool for instant relief - 'a warm bath' as the eater temp is 30 O C!!

Here is the cutest video ever of Max and Lily from Xmas Eve 2006 it is just so beautiful!

Nat says I sound 'camp' in my best Kenneth Williams English accent!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spYLTefaRYQ

No comments: