26 March 2010

Cross Country Season



Wed 6KM Roo 24m05
Thurs 3K

I put some effort into Wednesday's run .
Thursday was going to be a 10K from work around my Bridges course but about 2K into the run I felt my calf muscle start to tighten(cramp), I stopped to try and massage it out but it took hold and I had to stop and walk back!
At least I was on the South Bank and had to walk past the "beach", it's amazing how many people use this facility on the Brisbane River!, then back across the Goodwill (Bridge).
I used to have a problem with calf cramp or tightening but I found self massage used to cure the problem. I have neglected the massage recently so paid the consequence .
I'll rest up today and get back into some longer running Saturday.
The Cross Country Season starts next week and I shall try and run for some variety in my training.
( our current daily temp is still getting to 29 O C {about 88 O F} so it doesn't feel like Autumn!)

No comments: