18 March 2010

Walking Tall

Well I got out tonight, felt OK for 4K but that ache in the pelvis came on again but not enough to cause me stop. Feels quite sore now but I'll manage it!
6KM Roo 28m08 Slow on Doctors orders!
Incidentally I ran past a family of 10 Roos about 300m from home!




I saw the Consultant this morning. His assessment is its not a stress fracture. I am able to weight bear without any issues. Not really sure what it is but suggested perhaps it might be lower back wear and tear of vertebrae (which is pretty common in near half Centurions!). His suggestion was to take it easy, run alternate days, stay away from hills, get in the pool and work the lower back/abdominal muscles (lying on back and kick using flippers), walking 'tall', forget about doing crunches! Which is all encouraging. I shall go for a slow Roo 6K when I get home this evening (and keep my fingers crossed!))

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

All the best with that 6K this evening David. Leave the 4X2 at home!

David said...

Thanks Scott, the only extra weight I'm carrying is on my waist line!