28 June 2010

the armchair sports fan




5.30pm 6KM Roo 21m34 - flat out

Not a great weekend for the armchair sports fan.
Max and Oli's team both lost, but at least Natalie's had a walk over (didn't play)
In the eve I was torn between supporting Australia or Ireland, my old loyalties won over and I wanted to the Irish win but alas the Aussies were too strong. Later in the evening I watched the Moto GP and at least there I got a result of sorts - with Casey getting on the podium - 3rd place.
The only problem was I fell asleep and missed the finish!
Sunday I was in support of Mark Weber at the European GP only to see him run into the back of another and do a spectacular flip (fully airborne) and then bounce back right ways up and smack into the barrier. He was very very lucky to walk away from that one. Unfortunately that left the German - Vettel to win the race but some comfort to see Hamilton and Button get 2nd and 3rd.
At this time I was flipping across to the one dayer England V Australia. Here my loyalties are now fully behind the Aussies so it was another miserable performance that I couldn't watch for too long. Then it was the World Cup England V Germany. I never had much hope and when England were denied that second goal I knew things were just not meant to be! Oli couldn't bear to watch it and went to bed with 10mins to go, I needed to come down and watched the news for half an hour! A bad weekend for the armchair sportsfan!

No comments: