19 April 2009

Sick as a parrott!


I'd set my alarm for 2.00am and gone to bed early (for me, 10.00pm) in order to get up and watch Arsenal play for the first time at the new Wembley Stadium. 

The occasion was Arsenal V Chelsea in the Semi Final of the F.A. Cup. 
This was the start of 28 days where Arsenal would be playing every three or so days. The Chance for Arsenal to change the course of history and really put their say into the the remaining competitions (FA Cup, Premiership and Champions League). 

Somehow I failed to set the alarm correctly (the Phone!) and I didn't get to watch the game! By all accounts it was a good thing I didn't! 

Men against Boys! 

Perhaps vibes were sent to me in my sleep as I awoke at about 4.30am gutted I'd missed the game! I flicked on the Internet on the phone and looked up BBC Sport for the result. I saw a photo of Walcott celebrating a goal and thought that was a good omen but was desperately seeking the result!  Couldn't see it any where , but then I saw the line "Chelsea go through", that was enough! Turned off the phone and tried to get back to sleep but of course my 'sick as a parott' demeanor meant sleep was difficult! 

It had not been a great football weekend for the Sweeney's! 
Though Maxeys team did start us off with a win . 

North Lakes Mustangs Under 9's Orange Won 3 -1 ! 
A hatrick from George Aspley sealing the win. George is named after Charlie George the legendary Gooner who scored the winner in Arsenal's 2 - 1 win over Liverpool back in 1971 at Wembley to seal a Double for Arsenal! 

Was this an omen?

No. 

Oli's team lost 0 - 3 and Natalie's team  (North Lakes Mustang Mothers) lost 0 - 4 against the Young Girls team also from North Lakes Mustangs!

Max had a 'sleep over' so no Sunshine Coast CC this weekend  : ( 

I have slightly adapted my training as I've lately been feeling that the curls are not not having any effect (becoming too easy) and so have swapped curls for Pull Ups! - Pull Ups are the ultimate exercise ! incredibly difficult when your not used to them! This morning I managed to include 5 sets of 10 Pull Ups in addition to the 5 X 60 Press Ups and 5 X 30 Straight Arm Press's in my circuit. 

By this evening I had to reduce the Pull Ups down to 3 X 10 + 1 X 8 + 1 X 6 and I'm aching in places I've not ached in for years!

The pain in the arse ( Hip Stress fracture) is easing up and I'm just getting to the point now when I'm not taking pain killers to get through the day! 

The knees unfortunately have continued to be a rather sickening thorn in the side continuing to give me 'gip' even though I'm hardly doing any walking, let alone running or cycling ! 
This weekend I decided to restart the anti inflams just to judge the effect on the knee pain - once again I'd have to say almost an instantaneous easing of pain! 
I'm not due to run for another 6 weeks anyway so I'll wait and see if there is any improvement before consulting again!.
Bonsoir

1 comment:

Robert Song said...

Although back then we used to only get "Match of the Day" here on the ABC and a week late at that, I fondly remember being a fan of Charlie George.