06 April 2009

Sunshine Coast CC U10 1KM Max Sweeney 5th






I didn't get the time Sunday to post a comment upon the Q'Land Masters Champs. but it would be remiss of me not to mention;
M45 Brett Winters 4m14sec 1500m - some 4 secs quicker than my best time last year, as I suspected a serious competitor! I'd love to see him race a quality 3000m. He also ran a good 800m in 2m05.
M55 Ron Peters just got beaten by M55 Peter Reeves in the 1500m a very close race if the times are anything to go by! I was at the Sunshine Coast CC at Budrim on Sunday speaking to Peter Bock who was telling me Peter Reeves Son Chris Reeves is unable to run at the moment because of Glandular Fever. He has spent his out of action time doing weights and by all accounts is looking like a hulk which is an awesome prospect!!!
Ronnie Peters made up for the rare defeat in age group by taking two seconds off Alan Bradford's M55 3000m Queensland Record. Anyone with any doubt about Masters Master check out all the records in the Middle Distance events that Alan holds. Alan was running on Sunday, getting the better of arch nemesis Col McLeod in the 3000m.
Also their 'Chase' performances, Age %, Results were astronomical!

At the Sunshine Coast CC MY Maxey (yet to turn 9) finished 5th in the U10 1KM. Mum and Dad proud as!

No comments: