06 August 2010

the runners rush hour

Fri 12.00Noon 12KM ? Go Betweens 50m00

I slept though my 5.00am alarm (yes I felt guilty, but it is always nicer waking up, as nature intended ,with your wife) and so ended up with a lunchtime run from work.
Nice and warm around about 20 O C.
I get 'on the run' motivation from seeing other runners ahead and I'm slightly ashamed to say 'racing ' them! I very rarely get this opportunity in early morning runs (nobody about) so I make the most of it when I'm running during the runners rush hour at lunchtime in the CBD .
I also have this fear of being overtaken myself whilst on a training run (it's never going to happen!) Today I was motoring along quite serenely and at one point I thought I heard footsteps quite close behind me!! I took off like a bat, never turned round and never heard anyone beyond the initial 'that sounds like footsteps!!!' but I used the motivation to continue to push it over the final 2K's.
Now I'm not going to be silly and race Roo+Lake tomorrow because I know I would still be disappointed (I'm not even close to top 5 on Roo+Lake) but, truth is, I am, slowly but surely coming back!
I'm currently weighing in at about 66/67kg so I still have work to do.
Good luck to all you racers this weekend in Townsville and Sydney and where ever!
I shall be watching out for your results.

1 comment:

Jakarta said...

keep up the good work!