08 August 2010

Seven and two - 72

Sun 1.00pm Nudgee 18 X 400m 120m jog recovery > 72's

Started off with 73's and 74's but by rep 10 I was trying to control the effort and run relaxed without the tension in the upper torso. Amazingly I dropped a couple of seconds per rep and managed 71's & 72's which I was very pleased with. Warm conditions some wind but nothing like last week. All I had for company was a 100 or so bingo players along the back straight (in the neighbouring bingo hall) with a droning voice calling Seven and two - 72!

Well done to all in this mornings C2S , I saw Keith Bateman and Tom Highnam running with Lara and Bruce Graham running most of the the latter half of the race with her for a superb sub 47m. Hats off for a super run!

3 comments:

Jim Beisty said...

Hi david,you are going well,congrats.
I heard a rumour that Keith Bateman dropped out of C2S before half way with a groin strain,let's hope it is not too serious since he is racing so well.

Unknown said...

Good to see you back on form Dave. That's a massive PB for your standard course. You seem to have been doing more kms recently (lots of 16km runs) and eprhaps that's showing through.

David said...

Thanks Jim & Tom,
Unfortunately with the miles not only has fitness returned be the dreaded Patella tendonitis! I'll just have to see if I can manage it!
Well done Tom on your C2S, good to see you live on TV !