19 July 2013

Alpe D'Huez


There was no way I was going to miss two times up the Alpe D'Huez last night on le Tour so having gone to bed at 2.00 a.m. it necessitated another lunchtime in the city run along the Brisbane River. This time I remembered to bring my kit! but my Garmin battery died  just after the turnaround. I was maintaining sub 4 min KM pace but slowed down as I turned back into a breeze.
It is so pleasant to run in a comfortable 22 O C about 70 O F temperature in the middle of the Winter. I believe that this sub tropical climate is half the reason why I am able to run(cycle) through the year. Back in the UK the Winter is miserable I don't think I could keep myself active at my age.

It has been disappointing hearing all the criticism Froome has had to put up with but understandable given his dominance. If the only 'evidence' is from 'worked out' data output it is not very scientific. Last night Quintana and Rodriguez beat Froome up by a minute and Quintana's time was only good good enough for 39th on the All Time Alpe D'Huez rankings. Last night Froome looked quite human and potentially vulnerable, but for Richie Porte he would not be in the commanding position he still holds.

No comments: