23 January 2009

Grass Verge or Nature Strip


Fri  5.00am  11KM Roo+Lake  45m22

I started off moving OK ! 
The conditions this morning were a continuance of last few days extreme humidity! Thankfully and gratefully received, the heavens finally opened and seemed to cool things down a bit. 
At 5.00am it was 25.5 0 C and 84% Humidity by 6.30am B.O.M. said it was 23.7 0 C and 90% (=Raining!) relative humidity (at Redcliffe).
 Took things relatively easy today still getting the muscles used to running again and also coping with run after run.
75% of the run is on the grass verge (Nature Strip) beside the pathway. Saw a snake this morning , it must have sensed me as it was trying its best to escape !! Unfortunately it appeared to be heading for the lake.
The photo is from the start of last years Beer Mile. I finished 13th, puked twice and had to run an extra lap!
Geoff (3rd) is in Orange, and Adrian (1st) in Yellow, I'm unable to hold a cold stubbie so use my vest. Geoff admires my shorts! 

No comments: