02 May 2010

Keith Bateman's been at it again!


Sun 10.00am Roo+Lake+Roo 17Km 73m00

Went through 11Km in 46m46 .
Good run considering it was hot and sunny , I had yesterdays faster run still in my legs and it was morning!

54 y.o. Keith Bateman ran 10KM in 32m32 in NSW State Road Champs yesterday. For some perspective on that performance the Australian track 10,000m Record by Ronnie is 32m54 !

Photo is Keith and Nick Bellemore in Jan 2010 NSW State 5000m Champs
courtesy of Lew135's Photostream on flickr .

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Thanks for the photo David! KB is now my offical pin up boy!

You're up there too but not because of your recent form but because you're so dam good looking ;)

Anonymous said...

So there I am, running my ring out and who should glide past me at the 6km mark but some old geriatric hardly breathing. I tried to stick with him but to no avail. Sensational run by Keith, the run of the day I reckon. I will train hard over the next couple of weeks before we cross swords again at the Sydney Half. Matt

David said...

Thanks Scott and Matt!
Scott are you like cyber stalking me?
You are absolutely right of course!
; )

Matt, Old fellas being competitive with young fellas like you, gives as much satisfaction as performance measured against our age peers.
KB is running sensationally and I don't doubt he will be aiming at M50 Records in the Half . Scary to think he'll be turning 55 around June!