24 May 2014

Sandgate parkrun 2nd 16:04

Somebody find me 4 seconds!
Perfect day no wind and about 18 O C
Two k warm up and a few strides. Line up and listen to a young triathlete ask his mate if he should take today easy with something on tomorrow. Start strong but breathing heavy so heavy in fact that I could not hear the kid triathlete was tucked in behind me. I only knew he was there when I looked at our shadow! I remember when I used to run easy enough to run the first k without getting into oxygen debt. I could also feel my heart rate rocketing which is very uncomfortable. Alex remained tucked in behind through the 180 degree turn reached in 7:59 fast!
The run back is tough as you feel the other runners washing over the pathway encroaching on your space. Young Alex gave a shout out at one point to get them over.
Managed to maintain a good pace but felt uncomfortable as I pushed on. Desperate to see the final K marker in about 12:50 to push on for just 3 more minutes. There is a big bend in the path as it goes around the pool before the finish , I thought I was dropping Alex but he came back strong and pulled away from me in the last 200m. Happy with the time though Garmin said 4.95km.
I'm sure my buddy the Robot will be exuberant as the age grading is unreal! 93:26% 2nd in Oz behind the Parramatta Queen.

9 comments:

Who let the dogs out said...

Rumours that Lord Garmin was seen walking across the waters of Moreton Bay after his extraordinary performance this morning have been confirmed following an analysis of Satelite tracking of his movements . Traffic in New York Times Square came to a standstill as the time was flashed up on billboards to stunned onlookers . Garmin shares rose 20 points on the Tokyo Stock Exchange . By contrast the Robot was booed and pelted with rubbish at his home course for impersonating a geriatric and organisers reluctantly recognised his performance as a 30/34 year old age record much to disdain of locals .

Lusty Lucy said...

David I didn't mean what I said about your cycling . I told Frank it's all over between us . 40 kph on the bike can't compete with nearly 94% on the run . Do you still love me? You didn't tell me Sascha was a dog !

Ex girlfriend said...

I recognise that guy you call the Robot from my Psych 101 course . Can't be more than 30 years old . Said his name was Peter McSweeney and his father had abandoned him in a Glasgow orphanage when he was a child and then tried to flee the country . Said he was trying to track him down and get even with him . For a young guy he dribbled a lot and I immediately recognised he had the worse case of Luke Skywalker Syndrome I'd ever seen . I pretended to go out with him so I could do my doctoral thesis on him . Total looney tunes . I hope his father smashes him at the Gold Coast 10k . The nerve of that creep . Trying to impersonate an old man . Surely they can charge him with something .

SBx said...

Wow. Great run again David, must have been fun.

Lusty Lucy said...

Fun ! Great run ! Expanding the frontiers of human endurance reduced to being called fun and merely great. Surely there must be a filter to weed out this sort of condescending and language impoverished clap trap . Where's the pelican ? He usually likes to exploit an earth shattering GTrain epoc defining performance with some free publiicty and self promotion for his Duathlon agenda to cash in on the Garmin Lama's megastardom . Where are you Frank? Counting 1 2 3 .......hellooooo
I think your wonderful David .

Well glad we cleared that up said...

Yes it's all making sense to me now . The robot and Lusty Lucy are brother and sister . Their father is Lord Garmin . The Pelican is an agent of the powers of darkness ( more commonly called Duathlon) and the final cosmic showdown is the Gold Coast 10 k . Light sabres not age grading to decide the result . Bring it on !

coach dion said...

Sounds like you have a great run, now you have better measure that route before you race again, with garmin calling it 4.95, I would guess it's about 100-150m short, get a calibrated bicycle!

Anonymous said...

Calibrated bicycle ? Sounds like a job for the pelican .
4.95 + 50 meters = 5.00k therefore 50 metres short maybe ?

Lusty Lucy said...

I'm not the robot's sister and I would never kiss that creep. He dribbles a lot . David's my manager not my Dad . I hope the pelican scopes this catfish up . He's sick . David can't you filter some of this crap out ?