30 June 2015

The GC

The GC is nearly here!
It's the time of year when I'm holding my breath at the sound of a cough or a sneeze. I'm getting grumpy at my work colleagues for coming into the office with a virus. Tissues for toilet door handles, knuckles for pedestrian crossing signals, wash hands at every opportunity....
The GC is 'The' running festival as far as I'm concerned. 
The camaraderie and spirit, the quality of the fields , the fast flat course. Its so much more enjoyable celebrating after, if you feel you have given a good performance.
Last year I was in good shape for the 10km, this year my form has been patchy at best over the last couple of months. 
This will be my first go at racing a Half for 5 or 6 years, I'll go out hard and try to hang on as long as possible (which is really what I do in every race these days).
Tempo 10km on Saturday, 24km LSD on Sunday, recovery /rest day Monday, 10km this morning. Track closed with half term so will have to work an alternative interval session into this week, but really going to take it easy.



2 comments:

coach dion said...

ok PUT IT OUT THERE: wHAT TIME WILL YOU BE HAPPY WITH?

Anonymous said...

Too fast early on!