06 July 2010

Back to Lovedays - L' Traverse





Sat 5.00pm 6km Roo 25m00
Sun 10.00am 20km 'L Traverse' 92m48
Mon 1.00pm 17km Roo+Lake+Roo 69m30
Tues 3.00pm 17km Roo+Lake+Roo 71m47

I got out for a warm down run on Sat eve. I felt effortless as I breezed around Roo feeling good and dreaming that I might yet get back to the shape I was pre injury in 2008.
For Sunday's run I needed some variety so do drove the 50k's to Mount Mee and set off along the oh so hilly trail - Lovedays Road. I took the ipod along for company which does spoil the beauty of the forest sounds (Whip and Bell birds) , but it also dulls the sound of the 4 wheel drive convoys and trail bikes that kept me company. There is no other run that gives me the next day soreness and stiffness as this run! In fact , today Tues, I'm still feeling that run - I regard that as a good thing , a badge of honour from a really tough run!.
I'm taking a week off work (it's school half term) so taking the opportunity to run later in the day in the warmth!.
Yesterday was a gorgeous 20 O C for my run - a beautiful Brissy Winter's day. I felt very good for the last 6K's.

No comments: