30 July 2010

A balmy mornings run

Fri 5.00am 16km Cadel+Roo 66m14

It was a balmy 17 O C at 5.00am and I ran in shorts rather than tights for the first time this Winter! Not as brave as Mr BodyBuilder who I ran past who was taking the opportunity to show his chiseled torso off to the World by running around topless!
Well he might have been seen by a couple of runners and a dog walker!
For the second day in a row my phone alarm clock was telling me it was foggy outside but we only had a few small fog banks here in North Lakes but when I took the train into the city it was blanketed till about 11.00am.
The first signs of Spring are here with tomorrows temp forecast to climb to 27 O C for you folks in USA that is 80 O F !! IN WINTER!!! - it got to about 25 O C today.

I was contemplating racing last weekend in Queensland CC Champs but family commitments and the persistent cough, got in the way. This weekend is the Brisbane Marathon festival but I have not entered any of the races (warm weekend for a marathon!).
So my next races are going to be the local race here in North Lakes a 10K on the weekend around 14th Aug and another 10K, the biggest Brisbane race of all = Bridge to Brisbane at the end of August . These races are just to keep me interested and I'm not expecting anything special. The plan is to keep the mileage up till summer then run 2 X interval type sessions a week and to race some track through the summer.
Hope all your plans are coming together! Chow

No comments: