10 September 2010

The law of the jungle



5.00am 16km Cadel+Roo 65m02

"Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Well I am running when the sun comes up! Though here in Australia things are generally a lot more relaxed! This morning I ran by a huge family of roos on the grass verge next to the path I was running along. No more than two meters away from me, they didn't flinch an inch! Walking home from the bus on Wednesday night a little white Scotty dog sauntered out of its owners garage across the road to greet me - at least I thought it was going to greet me! at the last moment it started running and chomped into my calves!! both of them!! Drew blood! It's owner came out telling me to kick it, but in my shock and surprise I only fended it off with my bag! Is Rabies in Oz? I'm not foaming at the mouth yet!

1 comment:

The Barber said...

It must have been the smell of Roo shit on your shoes that antagonised the little yappers!...........a very funny story which if I'd watched it I would have pissed my pants!