17 September 2010

Save a Prayer


Fri 5.00am 16km Cadel+Roo 66m46

Slow going with knee pain. Going to the Docs again this arvo to get some anti inflams to see if I can get it under control, and ask about alternative remedies.

Today's blast from the past was a toss up between The Clash - Rock the Casbah and Duran Duran's - Save a Prayer. In the end I decided Duran Duran was the winner as the Rio album singles were promoted by videos from the Caribbean and Sri Lanka.(Not to forget every boys favourite 'Girls on Film'!) It inspired my mates and me to go on holidays in successive Summers to Barbados and then to Sri Lanka and the Maldives. It also got me to thinking that today's kids will get none of the joy from the artwork of the Album and Singles covers as they all download their music digitally and a lot less thought and money is spent on this.

No comments: