19 September 2010

The Referee's a Wanker

I can't watch Football anymore!
Every game is like 1989 Liverpool V Arsenal where we get towards the end of the match and the tension is too much to cope with ,(like in Fever Pitch) this morning I couldn't watch the last 10 mins of the game - Sunderland V Arsenal.
We'd gone 0 - 1 up due to a lucky deflection off Cesc's boot in the 13minute. Sunderland had outplayed us to that point. Uncharacteristically we were not in the game for the first half. The second half was not a great deal better but things improved after Song was sent off for a second yellow card. Unbelievably he was carded for not getting out of the way of a Sunderland player who ran into him! Arsenal showed much much more spirit when reduced to 10 men! I am never happy when the Russian magician is substituted but the team needed to find balance, and he went off for Denilson.
As I said we played better with 10 men, but it got to the point where you could see it was going to be a testing last 10 mins when we missed a penalty!
I had to go out for a walk!
Yes it was 4.00am and I could not bear to watch the last 10 mins.!!
Out I go, along the footpath I normally run.
As expected the roos were out there to keep me company, I stopped at one point to just observe them. I had 10 mins+ to kill off so I did some dips at an exercise station ( only did X 5 because I'm worried about over straining myself), Decided I'd killed enough time and headed home. A Cop car cruised by and I thought I hope he doesn't pull me up to ask me what I'm doing at 4.00am in the morning! I got back to within wifi distance of home switched on the Apple ipod Touch and read from the BBC live football score that we had conceded in the 5th minute of the 4 minutes of extra time allowed!
Where the hell did he even get 4 mins of extra time? Bastard!

Did 5 X 1000m at Nudgee with 200m jog recovery; 3m02, 3m06,3m05, 3m10, 3m05
Happy with first interval but unhappy I copped out of doing 6 X 1K because I was weak!

3 comments:

The Barber said...

As I told Olly, it was 4 mins 12 sec's, so give the ref a break, us United fans did last week!

David said...

I forgot to mention the site at 4.30am as I walked back in through the door was Oli , slumped against the kitchen bench, fuming at the injustice of it all!
By the way Tim I like the moniker!

Tim said...

C'mon David, Typical Gunners talk that is. That's footbal and i think over the season it evens out, and that Arsenal get there fair share of decisions. It seems Wenger is always moaning about something :)
Cheers
Tim