02 September 2010

Summer Goals

Tues 5.00am 16km Cadel+Lake

Wed 5.00am 16km Cadel+Lake

Thurs 5.00am 16km Cadel+Lake

I've lost my watch!

Just taking things easy, getting over the recent spell of races and trying to settle down the niggles (left knee tendinitis and right [twice operated] ankle).

I looked at the results from Gold Coast and compared them to the Bridge to Brisbane , excluding myself of 9 runners who competed in both in the top 24 in B2B, the average time was 38 secs slower than on the Gold Coast, I ran 5 seconds quicker. Having had 18 months off injured and getting back into training as recently as March/April I am happy with the progress. I have concentrated mostly on just steady runs in an attempt to get back into shape. With Spring in the air I shall be attempting to mix things up a bit more and introduce twice weekly interval sessions. I fully intend to race track this Summer 1500m, 3000m, 5000m and 10,000m. Goals have not been clearly defined but I would hope to still be capable of running 4m20, sub 9m10, 15m50, and sub 33m.

No comments: