18 October 2010

Running with Koala's

Mon 5.00am  Roo+Lake+Roo 16.3KM  75m09

I was really stiff and sore this morning! It was very slow going but I ploughed on in the hope that getting the miles in will show some benefit one day! I was trying to workout what my righ groin thing might be and suspect it might just be a tight hamstring. It is not getting any worse and I was able to do speedwork on Sat so I will keep going for the moment. Today it was really cold 12 O C when I started my run so the long sleeved top was back on. Highlight of the run was well into Roo for the second time, coming down a pathway when I see what I thought was a cat running towards me! No wrong shape for a cat It looks more like a puppy it even crossed my mind that it was a lion cub! and then as I got right up close I realised it was a Koala!
It was like seeing a Teddy Bear running!
A young Koala bounding along the footpath  right in front of me! Of course I didn't stop (runners mentality!) but I did call out "Hello Fella!" - well what do you say when you meet a Koala? I could run for another 10 years and not see a Koala running along the pathway again. They are nearly always asleep in the trees though I have once seen a Koala (when I was out walking the dog) scurrying between trees. They are becoming very rare as their habitat is being encroached upon.



Photos from Google images;

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never seen one in the wild in my 11 years in the country. Thanks for the message about Claudia. Home today and all good.

Samurai Running said...

Struth David!

That is rare, not as rare as a "lion cub" would have been but rare enough! Didn't see the little blighter drinking too did you? If so you should buy a lottery ticket cause you just might win it with luck like that ;)