13 October 2010

Zombie Land Again!

Tues 5.10am 16.34km (Roo+Lake+Roo) 71m11 4m21 K's
Wed 5.07am 16.37km (Roo+Lake+Roo) 70m27 4m18 K's

Last night I tried to stay awake to watch the Com. Games 1500m.
I was really interested to see how the Aussies would go and Nick Willis, the Kiwi who won last time at Melbourne.
I remember thinking I've made it (stayed awake) as they lined up!
The inane commentary introduced the second string Kiwi, the Aussie - Jeremy Roff 'with the headband', Andrew Badderley from England "who had the fastest time in the World for the Mile in 2008" - surely not I thought , I'll have to check up that stat and then that's where I must have drifted off!
I fell asleep even before the line up panned to Willis! I woke up and watched some Javelin and Pole Vault (or was that before?) and was thinking to myself there was something I wanted to see but forgot what it was. I've been watching the Fox coverage rather than Channel 10.Surely they could get someone on to commentate who knows what they are talking about? They must have forked out a fortune to get Daley Thompson on, who is good for the sprints and field events but 'come on' Raylene Boyle commentating on the middle/long distances!!
Do me a favour!
I put the tablet into the dishwasher but failed to switch it on!
I saw the 1500m final repeated this morning and realised I had missed it and must have fallen into Zombie land again!
It was tough getting up when the alarm went off at 4.45am! but I do enjoy the feeling through the day of thinking I've done it and can relax and mooch about to my hearts content (or at least until Natalie see's me!)
The slow down in pace is due to the early morning effect on my body! On the positive side it means I'm running for an extra 5 mins a day!

No comments: