09 September 2013

incongruous activities

Saturday 1;52pm  32.28km 2;15;28 4m12K's
Sunday 3;19pm 5 X 1000 with 200 jog recovery Nudgee

  1. 3;11,
  2. 3;17,
  3. 3;15,
  4. 3;15,
  5. 3;15


I went long on Saturday. I hadn't really planned to but I'd accepted a STRAVA challenge to run 20 miles in the next 10 days and decided 'on the hoof' to make it there and then. I had half an idea about the course to run from taking my daughter out on driving lessons and where I'd cycled. It was a warm sunny day and I'd put plenty of sunscreen on, which initially made me sweat profusely. I felt pretty good just taking it steady stopping for water 3 times. Only when I got back into North Lakes did I start to feel it in my legs but the pace had also quickened (4min K's for last 5km). 32K's is my furthest ever training run (well I cant remember running longer when I was younger but I suppose it is possible), though I did run (Race)  the Glasshouse Mountains 50km Trail Runs when I first got to Australia (2004 off no training and absolutely smashed myself!).
On Sunday I was keen to get to the track knowing I would not find time during the week, though appreciating Saturdays run would have a major bearing on how I would perform. Conditions were sunny warm and windy, not ideal for long intervals.
2KM warm up and into it. 
I ran conservatively averaging about 3m14/15 for 5 X 1000m with 200m jog recovery in my road shoes. The wind and Saturday took its toll.

Strava Marathon Training Series

Saturdays Monster Run

Sundays Heart rate Ave 162bpm  Max 177bpm

No comments: