22 August 2008

Emma Moffatt




Just spent a couple of days in Beautiful Mount Isa!

It had been in the news as the Mayor had asked for any "beauty disadvantaged" ladies to come to Mount Isa as the 5:1 ratio of Men :Women needs redressing and that Mount Isa men are not fussy!
Perhaps consideration for the potentially dangerously high levels of copper , zinc and lead levels in the ground needs to be given before one considers bringing up a family in this town. However, with unqualified kids taking home $1900 a week (net) from the mines, material benefits may make up for the industrial landscape, lack of ladies and stinking hot weather. come Summer time.
Mount Isa is further away from Brisbane than Melbourne is from Brisbane - How big is our State! A 2hour40minute flight!

Lovely hot (28 o C ) dry Winter weather greeted us but I'm not in any shape to enjoy it out on a run.

The left knee is still giving me pain!

My consultant recommended complete rest (1 month) then slow come back using cross training.

In particular he thought cycling would be beneficial as it affords relief from the massive pressure that running causes on the knee. I bought an 'air trainer' for the bike and gave it a burl, but I'm not a fan of training without getting anywhere - far too boring, so the air trainer may not get much use!

I've tried to keep up the few exercises I can do - Sit ups!
I've got carpet burn at the top of my bum to prove my badge of honour. Not really able to do press ups as left shoulder is only beginning to get some movement in it again from nearly two years with 'Frozen Shoulder' syndrome and my right shoulder joint is in the early stages of the syndrome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha