31 August 2008

Keith Penny



Sunday 12.00 11KM Roo+Lake 47m10




The Agony and the Ecstasy (proportion today was roughly 99:1!)


I knew it would hurt but the first few steps of today's run nearly had me quitting before I'd got across the road! I didn't want to stop in the middle of the road so kept going and then thought maybe I could make it around a couple of K but the pain wore off after a while (to bearable level).I took very small pigeon steps to get going! The first K was 5m08 compared to 4m10 yesterday.

The pain was very much a combination of the knees and the fact that yesterdays run left my legs feeling they'd had the toughest work out ever. The quads were dead! I just thought that if I could get some K's under my belt the chances of racing Bridge 2 Brisbane would increase but I wont do it if I cant do myself any justice. Lovely warm sunny day but perhaps a little windy. Hoping that a few runs will blow the cob webs off.


Photo is Kenny Raupach in the City2Surf. He was a mate back in 1988/89 when I lived in Sydney. Mother had a gorgeous Federation home on the hill in Mosman.


He finished 6th in M45 Cat in 51m00 , loved the look of pain and effort as he finished the race. A physio by profession, he looks way too muscular - bastard!!


No comments: