18 January 2010

11K Roo+ Lake and Mooloolaba


I spent Sunday at the beach with Nat Max and Lily up at Mooloolaba. We are blessed to be only about an hour away from the Sunshine Coast beaches . The water felt really warm probably about 25 O C not quite the 30 O C in our pool but really really nice.
I blistered the souls of my feet by walking on tarmac Saturday (long storey!) and could not run but I was determined to get out Sunday arvo and push on beyond the 6K limit I've been running. The feet were sore but more importantly everything else was OK as I ran my first Roo+Lake for what seems like a year!!
It was still real warm (30 O C) so I sweated buckets but delighted to complete what I regard as proper training distance. I will see how I pull up today (Monday).
Last night I got to bed early only to be woken at midnight by a mighty storm, cracking thunder claps and a welcome 13mm of rain!
I got up between 2.00am and 4.00a.m to watch Arsenal beat Bolton 2 -0 : )

No comments: