12 January 2010

Tallebudgerra Dreaming


Whilst on Hols down the coast I managed a couple of easy beach runs , just a few K's.
I think it was the first time in memory I hadn't taken my running kit on holiday in a deliberate attempt to rest the knee to the maximum extent. So' runs' done bare foot and in board shorts.
The kids ribbed me about my paunch and in some ways I don't mind carrying the extra weight as it will keep me from doing too much too early. If I can keep running I'm six months to a year away from full fitness.

Got home on Sunday and ran an untimed 6K Roo. Then again on Monday evening I managed to complete a relatively pain free 6K Roo. I'm still worried about doing too much as I feel the pain could still return if I over do it, so it's a rest day today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave,

You sound in a similar position to me. Love the feeling of running pain free but bloody nervous it could all come toppling down.

Hope we both have better 2010's compared to 2009.

Cheers,

Tom

David said...

Hi Tom, Yeah it does sound like we are in the same boat reading your last post. I hope 2010 brings all you wish for, and hope we can meet up again at the Gold Coast and/or City to Surf. I regard C2S 2008 as my last competitive race! Our head to head ; 2 - 1 to you, and I want to get even!