24 January 2010

Red Beach to Woorim and back


Red Beach to Woorim. 11KM ?

Nat, Max, Lily and me headed up to Bribie Island with our Beagle 'Sandy' and picked up Maralyn (the Mother in Law) and 'Luke', her little Fox Terrier, along the way (Beachmere).
We parked up at Red Beach and whilst the others took the dogs for a walk .I headed up the beach for a run, turning around on half an hour.
I made it as far as the stormwater outlet at the start of Woorim - the patrolled beach was just up ahead!
I'd made it to the other side of the island. Running bare foot and top less I thought I'd pay the price! Blistered feet for the second weekend in a row!
It was a priceless change of scenery, once you get a few hundred meters out from Red Beach you are by yourself. Running the southern end of the Island brings you from the tranquil sheltered waters of Pumistone Passage to the 'surf side' at Woorim. Along the way , one giant loggerhead turtle in the clear waters just off the beach and hundreds of the dreaded 'Bluebottle' jellyfish - Stingers!
Sadly no sign of the lovely lady running along the sand from two posts ago!
Hope my feet don't take too long to recover!

3 comments:

Bellthorpe said...

A lovely run. I run at Bribie most every week, barefoot. I go from Woorim, and head either north or south depending on the prevailing wind. Red Beach is as far as I go in that direction.

Jim Beisty said...

You are not mentioning the knee,a good sign.

David said...

Hi Craig, Hope to catch up with you one day , perhaps bump into you at Bribie!
Thanks Jim, Touch wood, fingers crossed, gently does it!! etc