31 January 2010

Octopus at Red Beach



Sat. 11KM Red Beach to Woorim and back.
Sun 11KM Roo+Lake - I'm just starting to feel like a runner again!

Sat. I ran with my shoes on ! The blisters from last week still haven't healed!
A heavy shower meant the beach was near deserted. But the clouds and rain soon blew over and I ran largely in sunshine.
Council had closed off the beach at Woorim 50m before the stormwater outlet, looked like they were trying to do some anti erosion measures.
The giant tutle I had seen last week must have been dead as the remains of its carcass were on the beach.
The only other thing of note was "a giant starfish" washed up near the end of my run.
I insisted Natalie and the kids walk up to see it, turns out it was an octopus! I said I was brought up in London where we didn't get to see either!

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Well David, I suppose growing up in London as long as you knew the difference between, "Cockneys, Spivs, Geezers and Jellied Eels", then you would have been alright ;)

You certainly know how to live.