01 September 2008

Ian Stewart (2nd)


Monday 6.00pm 11KM Roo+Lake 48m58s !


Really tough going, with still a combination of Saturday's run , which really did a job on my quads and the knees. I was hoping to see if I could get the pain out of my quads in order to determine just how painful the knees are by themselves in order to make a call on racing on Sunday. Though my heart wants me to run my head is telling me not to bother. Without a doubt I would only put in a below par performance and I'd only be dissatisfied with that. My heart is saying its the last race of the season I can afford to take a good break after. It's a new course - well a shortened course to 10K and I'm excited about the prospect of it producing fast times. I didn't race a 10K on a really fast course with lots of competition around me, all season. Another reason why I should follow my head and not my heart is I've packed on 4KG in my three weeks off!! Currently 67KG !!


Ian Stewart (the 2nd) was a champion runner from Luton who was a couple of years older than me. He posted times comparable with his older Scottish International namesake. I read a fantastic chronological collection of newspaper articles on Ian here . He ran 3m53 for the Mile! Photo shows Ian leading Steve Ovett. Ian was a genuinely nice guy.

No comments: