09 November 2008

Grant Hackett



6KM Roo 24m05


I attended a Property Conference at Conrad Jupiters on Friday/ Saturday.
Guest 'Motivational' speaker on Sat Morning was Grant. I'd been looking forward to hear what he'd got to say for weeks. I wasn't disappointed. In front of 700 he was relaxed , funny, incisive, motivational and a fantastic ambassador for Sport , for Australia, for swimming. He talked about how he got started in the sport, his early rivalry with Kieran Perkins , his three Olympics, Bejing in some detail, his diet, his training and some of the 'stuff' about Olympics like japes on the plane on the way home, the Dining Hall experience. What a smart guy Grant is, totally unscripted and talked for 45mins.

I couldn't sit around any longer so today I got out for a steady 6KM to see how my body would react!
I didn't even think about the Achilles so touch wood that is OK now. With the knee I was aware of the area that has been a problem but I wasn't in any pain. Got back and iced it and really it will be about the reaction to the run more than the run itself. Though I was very rusty I moved through the first K in about 4mins which surprised me.
Finished off 6KM Roo in 24m05.

David S. - good to hear from you! Thanks for your comments - hope to see you around the SSCCC next year!

Arsenal 2 Man U 1

2 comments:

Robert Song said...

The Gunners v ManU match was one of the best EPL matches I've seen in a long time.

Glad to hear you are back running.

David said...

Hi Robert,

The Sad thing is I cant really ever enjoy watching Arsenal in a game unless we are crushing the opposition ( it normally requires a 3- 0 scoreline for me to start to relax and enjoy a game!).I did enjoy watching the kids in a nothing match against Wigan but even then I was thinking we dont want to lose another home game this season = please dont lose!