18 November 2008

More Whiskey in the Jar


It's been raining for two days straight in the Sunshine State!
No running, so here is a photo of my mate Jeff and his boys from earlier this year.
Leo is now taller then his dad! Jeff ran 800m in 1m49s and 1500m in 3m48s.
One day I regretfully  paced him to a quicker 3000m time than me 8m20s !
These days he keeps fit by coaching his kids football team and running maybe once a week.
If he set his mind to it, he is one 'EX' ATHLETE that could make a MEGA splash in Masters competition. 
The 2007 M45 World Masters Championship in Italy was won in 2m02 , I believe Jeff could STILL run sub 2Mins! This years M45 World Rankings are led by the incomparable Tony (forever) Young  [USA] at 1m56.9, 2nd place is 1m58.73 (John Hinton [USA] and third Mark Kirk (GBR) 1m58.8.
Jeff is 48 years old, so he'd be giving some years away to the recently turned M45's.
I've tried all the cajoling I can think of but to date cant get him back into it! 



I was listening to the many different versions today and I'd rank No.1 Thin Lizzy, No.2 The Dubliners, = No.3 U2  & Metallica!

The lyrics give me a sense of Waltzing Matilda!

No comments: