15 November 2008

Hot & Humid



Sat  3.00pm (30 O C)  11KM Roo+Lake 44m50

Surprisingly quick time considering it was so tough going! Had spent 4 hours this morning on the ongoing saga that is me up a ladder rubbing down/ sanding/burning off varnish from the first of two (!) pergolas out the front of my house. Standing on the ladder never seems to do the knee much good as I suppose it is in a continual state of stress. Still showered then hit the road felt OK though knee was lingering, it was hard going, with lack of fitness and weight gain over last three months. Contributing was the heat and humidity. I got back and iced up my knees, my son Max said my head was red!! I was tempted with jumping straight in the pool but the application of the ice pack took priority and after 15mins I was cool and no longer desirous of a swim.
At the moment I'm about 68KG !(66KG after run today) this is in stark contrast to earlier in the year when I'd managed to get down to 62KG. The lack of training and continuance of a diet that would satisfy someone deep into marathon training has stacked at least 4KG on my waist!
I'm still attempting the 100 Push Up challenge though my 'training' has stalled on week three ! I did the equivalent of a time trial to see where I've got to i.e. I did a set of maximum 'good form' Push Ups = 45 which is a small improvement from my starting position (no training, which was 35). 
My current session consists of ; 

X 22, 2 mins rest , 
X 30, 2 mins rest, 
X 20 2mins rest, 
X 20 2 mins rest,
X Max - I did 33!

Made no difference to my triceps/biceps - they are still skinny as!


No comments: