22 February 2010

Central




Mon 5.30pm 6KM Roo 23m00

Continuing my theme of 'out of the comfort zone' and trying to give my body a remembrance of what it feels like to push myself. I set out with every intention of running as fast as I could over this short circuit. I'm happy enough to run 23m00 though I don't run this course by itself very often - i.e. maybe when tapering, or recovering from injury, but checking out my best time ever on this course was 20m43 (16/06/07).
Warm and Humid conditions!
The finely tuned runners body adapts to conditions we place it under pretty quickly. I reckon my sweat glands are conditioned to open at the slightest exertion.
My 15 min walk from the office to Central (Train Station) is a case in point. I try to balance pace with likely platform waiting time before getting on the icy cold, air conditioned train. If I go too fast and and the train is more than a minute late, I'm in trouble, when I stop walking I feel the heat build up and the pores on my back open up and I can feel the sweat saturating my shirt (too embarrassing degrees!! like 50% back).

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Good luck making your goals. You will. My husband runs marathons/triathelons that began with 5K's. Looks like you got some impressive times.

David said...

Thanks for your good wishes Kittie.