21 February 2010

Nathan Road


I wanted to see if I could pull myself out of the 4m30 per K rut I've been running.
So I thought I'd try some K intervals at Nathan Road, Kippa-ring.
I did 2K warm up (9m00!) then;
3m20
3m27
3m19
3m24
with 2mins recovery.
As hard a session as I can ever remember for effort. My breathing was laboured, my recovery non existent but it was a start and I was only expecting to run 3m30's.
The Nathan Road KM is 900m dead straight rough tarmac with a 90 O turn before the final 100m run just along side the small airport.You can make out Nathan Road in the photo above and the left turn in front of the hangars. The road is built marginally above the surrounding wet lands. The airport itself is also very low lying and beyond that is Deception Bay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave, best advice I've had recently is to train for the level of fitness you are at, rather than where you want to be. Can't expect to bounce straight back, life would be too easy if that were the case. Part of the satisfaction of running well is the knowledge of the months' training it's taken to get you there. I expect that, like me, you're still a number of kg's heavier than prime running weight yet. Make sure you keep on doing the exercises and keep the injuries at bay.

David said...

Your absolutely right Tommy.
Too heavy and with a tendency to put the cart before the horse. If it wasn't for the 10K on Sunday I wouldn't be trying anything so intense just yet but I don't want to embarrass myself so just a couple of runs out of the comfort zone to remember what it feels like!!