06 December 2008

Apex Corner

2.00pm 33 O C 6KM Roo 24m57

One of those days when I did listen to my body and cut the run short.
It was way too hot and too humid for running, got back and jumped straight in the pool.
Amazing how refreshing even 30 O C water can be! Was thinking of getting down the track but time got away from me, maybe tomorrow.



Party Season so far has been relatively tame for me. Declined to attend a client party during the week. First work party on Fri night at the Ship Inn was short and sweet as Natalie had a birthday party , I left at 6.00pm and also had to miss the Brisbane Cool Runners do that night!
Secretly I'm happy to have missed or skipped drinks as I do tend to go all out and I have this suspicion it might not help my running! Still there is a long way to go and I have purchased a carton of my favourite beer for the holidays = Budvar ,

THE BEST BEER in the WORLD!




Amongst the ariel photos of London I noticed this one which I didn't immediately recognise as APEX Corner Mill Hill, about 1KM from where I used to live! I used to have to negotiate this roundabout MINIMUM of twice a day! Also I used to run under/through it twice a day everyday (Out and Back) - sure looks nicer from the air than it does from the ground!

No comments: