14 December 2008

Love Loveday's Road & L'Traverse

Sun  6.00am   Loveday's Road and L'Traverse   2H38m10

Was up at 5.00am and drove to the mountains for City to Surf training! Ran bare chested but had the benefit of shade most of the way. Was going to turnaround on the hour but thought I'd like to see if I could make it to the Archer Camp site. The added incentive for me was the possibility of getting a drink at half way point. As it turned out, I ran for an hour & 15 before turning around, as I was again descending off a giant hill side that I'd have to return up! No sign of the mythical Archer Camp Site and no drink !! I became fixated at the lack of water and was half wondering if I should do a Bear Grylls and squeeze out my arm band with the thumbs directed into the mouth for a taste of sweat!! or stop and scoop some up from a puddle/pond along the way , however, I survived (just) without such drastic measures, but certainly wont do that again without a bottle to the 1/4 mark or a hydration pack. I thought I ran a comfortable lick most of the way but have no idea how far 2h38m10 sec is worth on a severely undulating track. I had no company at all during that time save for one 4WD and 2 X 3 pack of trail bike riders. All up, a huge run for me!
My 2litres of ice cold lemon cordial never tasted so good at the finish. Drove home and felt tired,
we went to the beach at Bribie this arvo = surf side at Woorim = beautiful! Water was fantastic, another 32 O C day! Knees were in a lot pain driving to Bribie, I ended up pulling over and let Natalie drive so I could stretch/straighten  out my legs. A real bad aching sensation I sometimes get in the mornings on the train, I'm normally OK after I get moving again. These photos are from the last time I ran L'Traverse.


Middlesborough 1 Arsenal 1

No comments: